CBT Nuggets — one of America’s fastest growing companies — is reshaping technology training worldwide. We are a global leader in online IT training, and our customers are looking for clear solutions to their learning and certification needs. Our fun, fast-paced work environment brings you all the challenge and excitement you can handle. We offer competitive pay, solid benefits, matching retirement and bonus opportunities for every staff member. CBT Nuggets is built on a strong value system that stems from integrity, humility, and teamwork. Our company headquarters are located in Eugene, Oregon — home to the University of Oregon, abundant recreational, and cultural opportunities. All this and only an hour’s drive from mountain peaks and the Oregon coast.
Why Work at CBT?
Commitment to CBT Nuggets Hierarchy of Values
CBT Nuggets strives to be the best place to work that is focused around the idea of being better tomorrow than today and putting we before me. The hierarchy is based on the principle that you can’t build upward until you’ve mastered the level below. This hierarchy begins with integrity then leads to humility, respect, passion, then onto ambition, intellectual development, work ethic, selflessness, teamwork, results-oriented, refine, re-think, and lastly at the top is to create.
Our goal with these values is to have each individual, as well as the company, always compete and continually improve to be the best possible company we can be.
Our benefit package includes:
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits paid 100% for you and your family
- IRA with 3% match
- Bonus program
- Very generous paid time off program
- Cell Phone and Smart Watch
- Community outreach programs
- Employee development opportunities
Applicants MUST research the cbtnuggets.com website before applying.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This role is responsible for timely and accurate accounting of revenues and expenses of CBT Nuggets to include daily transactional accounting, month end/year end closings, fixed assets, personal property tax filings and reconciliations. This job will support other finance team activities and assist in supporting the financial reporting requirements and analysis of the company.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and tenets.
- Provide exceptional and courteous customer service to all internal and external constituents of CBT Nuggets.
- Efficiently assist the CFO with fiscal duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to exude the team oriented style of the Finance team and other teams within CBT Nuggets in a positive, fun and hard working manner.
- Daily and month-end closing accounting processes to include daily revenue entries, monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, month end review and analysis
- Document gathering and completion of various Government Surveys
- Calculation, preparation, processing and reconciliation of various Sales & Use Taxes
- Asset tracking and accounting in compliance with Capital Asset policies and personal property tracking
- Serve as a backup for payroll processing
- Assist in establishing, monitoring and auditing internal controls to maintain internal policies and fraud detection.
- Continuous efforts in identifying areas for streamlining and efficiency improvement in the finance department
- Assist CFO with YE tasks & workpapers to insure prompt tax filings
- Other accounting tasks as directed
CBT NUGGETS VALUES
CBT Nuggets is committed to a management style that requires employees to embrace autonomy. Structure is available upon request, but individuals who are not self-starters typically are not happy at CBT Nuggets. Our culture is based on empowerment and commitment to a common goal. Our mission is to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals. We are passionate about our mission and passionate about each teammate’s respective role. We are a family and care about each other. We value integrity above all else, and believe that humility and mutual respect lead to maximum potential and maximum satisfaction from each teammate. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit. We believe in personal growth; for ourselves, our customers, and for society as a whole. We believe that life should be better tomorrow than it is today. If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES/ EDUCATION:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of an Accounting degree
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a Sr. Accounting role working in an environment that requires a high attention to detail and in relation to the above requirements.
- Required Program Experience
- MS Windows
- Google: Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- MS Excel & Word
- Preferred Program Experience
- Sage 100 ERP/MAS 90
- Paycom Payroll/HRIS
- Asset Keeper
- Salesforce, Authorize.Net, and PayPal
- Attention to detail with accuracy
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to effectively communicate tactfully with a wide range of people)
- Social skills – working with a variety of personalities, customers and employees in an open work environment
- Computer skills – ability to build clear and concise spreadsheets utilizing a combination of manual entry and formulas
- Problem solving skills with the ability to take initiative to find and present viable solutions
- Adaptability – possess the ability to work in a fast pace environment with frequent changes
- Lifelong learner with desire to continue to grow
Additional Skills: Must be a self-starter that is passionate about IT, personal growth, and learning in general. Must have exceptional planning and organizational skills, empathy for IT Professionals and an understanding of their role and training needs. Must be committed to the CBT Nuggets values.
Apply for the position here <<==