At SheerID, we expect the accounting team to do more than just debits and credits. As an agile growing company we look for team members that jump in wherever they are needed and enjoy working cross functionally. As part of the broader finance organization, the accounting team is responsible for the creation of financial statements, annual audit and taxes, payroll and benefits, and the order to cash process. Accounting will also support finance in reporting and KPIs, financial analysis, general human resources, facilities, and operations.
As the accountant for SheerID, you will be a utility player for the organization. You’ll do everything from onboarding employees to preparing journal entries and account reconciliations during month end close. As SheerID continues to grow, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with the company. You’ll be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely billing of our clients and be their primary contact. The accountant will liaise between sales, operations, and marketing to provide support to the sales cycle and help track budgets and ROI. You’ll work with our internal reporting systems, CRM, HRM, AIS and payment processing systems to become an expert at the tools and technology needed to get the job done.
The accountant will be a dynamic individual capable of bringing a broad range of experiences as well as deep functional knowledge of accounting to the team. They’ll be comfortable with technology and have a strong desire to learn more. Comfort working cross functionally as well as experience interacting with executives is a must have. A strong attention to detail and understanding of the importance of presentation is required. The accountant will be expected to identify areas for efficiency and help implement programs to drive process improvements for SheerID.
- Recording revenue and associated cost of sales, ensuring all expenses are recorded accurately, reconciling cash/bank account daily, reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as needed and book appropriate journal entries.
- Invoices Clients and assists with collections of debts, works to improve billing process, and ensures appropriate billing.
- Primary point of contact for clients and internal team with questions regarding billing and invoicing.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to all requests.
- Owns commissions, expense reporting, and other accounting tools and processes as needed.
- Onboard new employees and responsible for processing and recording payroll.
- Provide HR support and coordination as needed to Eugene office.
- Assists with variance analysis and supports all aspects of financial close.
- Assist with selection of employee benefits, accounting and HR systems, and other tools.
Location: Portland, OR with ability to travel to Eugene, OR on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university. Preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 1+ years in public accounting or accounting and finance rotation at top tier corporation.
- 1+ years experience working as an accountant with GL responsibilities. Preference in software or start up environment.
- CPA or CPA eligible.
- Commensurate experience (3+ years) and demonstrated knowledge of accounting and finance can be substituted for above experience and education.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Understanding debits and credits
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward us your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself to email@example.com.