The Desktop Support Administrator will be responsible for providing 1st line IT support to internal customers. Reporting to US IT Manager, this important and challenging role will blend great customer service, creative problem-solving and a love of technology. The ideal candidate will also be positive, energetic, and detail oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
Our IT team, which supports Abcam’s US offices, is made up of tech savvy, professional, and support oriented individuals. Each member has a unique skill set which they bring to the team, and work together to help each other along the way. Working in our department is challenging, but, also rewarding, as you will be exposed to a wide set of technologies and expected to provide a high level of customer service. In addition to the daily IT support duties, there are always opportunities to advance your skills while working on projects for Abcam, both large and small scale.
- Provide basic support for Windows PCs/laptops, printers, telephones and other IT infrastructure
- Maintain front line desktop support for our Eugene, OR office
- Respond to IT request tickets in timely manner
- Perform asset management activities (inventory tracking, distribution, etc.)
- Own the new starter/leaver process which includes:
- Creation of accounts
- Equipment/Desk setup
- Closing user account in AD/O365
- Archiving data + recovery of equipment
- Employ problem-solving skills to address IT software and hardware issues
- Assist colleagues with Global Infrastructure projects and tasks where needed
- Conduct training sessions on newly implemented technologies to educate staff when needed
You will possess both outstanding technical and customer service skills. You will have a background working in a Windows environment and a passion for keeping up with the latest changes in IT. Your problem-solving skills will be your asset and you will have previous experience working in a team environment.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- 2 years of desktop support experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Degree or certification in technology discipline
- Proven record of technical troubleshooting skills with a focus around Microsoft technologies
- Prior experience working well in a team environment, including a virtual team
- Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Demonstrate excellent communications, skills both oral and written
- Experience performing Desktop/IT Support activities in a Windows environment
- Experience supporting MS Office Products such as:
– Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– O365 + Skype
- Understanding of Windows 7/8/10
To apply for this position click here <<—